Friday, August 5, 2011

The Moment

As I have blogged before, every game as a principle moment.
Tonight's moment occurred in the bottom of the ninth inning. The Cardinals were leading 3 - 2 and the bases were loaded with 2 outs.
The Marlins best player, Mike Stanton, was at the plate and Cardinals rookie, Lance Lynn , was on the mound.
The count was 2 balls and 2 strikes.
I made the comment, "You know the count is going to go full" and our Producer said, "No, he is going to get him".
Lynn struck out Stanton with a blazing fastball and the Cardinals won the game.
I took tight shots of the batter and the pitcher to enhance the moment.
I was very lucky in the fact that the third base coach had been blocking my tight shot of Lance Lynn throughout the at-bat but I had a good, tight shot of Lynn before he threw the final pitch of the game.
Leading up to the final pitch I was hoping that the third base coach would move and I could get that effective shot of Lynn that I was looking for.
He did move, I took the shot and thus had a nice sequence of shots to capture the moment.
This was a nice telecast that was only enhanced when we captured the moment of the game.
Very satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment