Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"The Epitome of Stink"

In 1972, during my senior year in high school, our football team went 6 - 3.
One of our losses came by the score of 63 - 30.
The first practice after that 63 - 30 game, our football coach lined up the first string defense (of which I was a part) in front of the rest of the team and the B-squad. Our football coach, coach Busselman, pointed to the first string defense and said to the others looking at us, "I give to you the epitome of stink."
Now I would like to give my summary of tonight's Dodgers at Cardinals baseball game.
After the first inning the score was 3 - 0 Dodgers.
The Dodgers led 7 - 0 after two innings.
After 3 innings the Dodgers led 8 - 0.
Going into the 6th inning the Dodgers had a lead of 11 - 0.
The Dodgers completed their scoring with a 2-run homerun in the top of the ninth when a Cardinals position player was pitching.
The Cardinals finally got on the board in the bottom of the 9th.
So, with the score 13 - 1 with 1 out in the bottom of the 9th the Dodgers made a pitching change.
The Cardinals added another run and this 2:59 game ended with the score of 13 - 2.
Now please allow me to quote coach Busselman as I describe this game.
"Ladies and gentleman, I give to you the epitome of stink."

No comments:

Post a Comment