Thursday, August 11, 2011

Flawless

The Cardinals beat the Brewers in 2:34 by the score of 5 - 2.
Back to back well-pitched, well-played, and well-paced baseball games.
Now that is more like it.
We had a wonderful flow to the show tonight.
Our regular technical director (TD) was on vacation tonight and I worked with a TD that I had never worked with before. I didn't know what to expect as I arrived an hour earlier than usual to go over the elements with Brad our fill-in TD.
Brad was great!
Cool, calm, and collected.
I knew before we went to air that tonight's game telecast was going to run smoothly.
I hoped the game would follow suit and it did.
Even though I was confident that Brad would do a good job, I went into the telecast "pulling the reins" in a bit. I did not want to overwhelm Brad with too much too early.
I realized very early on that I could be aggressive in my cut and I was not apprehensive in the least to take chances.
I transitioned with one effect to a source and transitioned off with a different effect.
I transitioned from a shot with a lower third graphic on the air side to a different shot with a graphic from channel two.
This guy was flawless!
A great game, a great telecast, and a flawless TD.
It doesn't get any better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment