Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fried

As I stated in yesterday's blog, the Cardinals/Brewers game was quite unique.
Cutting the unique game was fun and I enjoyed it.
There was one aspect of this game that I failed to mention. The length of this game was 4 hours and 28 minutes - 4:28.
Yes, I admit that I did enjoy cutting this unique 4:28 minute game.
However, I failed to mention that this unique, 4:28 minute game occurred the night before a getaway day game.
After some sleep I made my way to Miller Park hoping, praying for a well-paced, well-pitched, well-played game.
The following is my summary of today's Cardinals/Brewers game telecast:
After 2 innings, the score was 4 - 3 Cardinals and there were 7 total hits in the game.
After 3 innings, the score was 5 - 4 Brewers and there were 13 total hits in the game.
After 5 innings, the score was 7 - 4 Brewers and there were 17 total hits in the game.
After 6 innings, the score was 9 - 5 Brewers and there were 22 total hits in the game.
Going into the 7th inning I was totally fried but still very thankful that both starting pitchers were removed from the game. After 6 innings the Cardinals starter had thrown 100 pitches and the Brewers starting pitcher had tossed 113 pitches.
The Brewers ended up victorious by the score of 10 - 5 and there were 26 total hits in the game.
I don't mean to complain because I love cutting the game of baseball.
Baseball can be the most beautiful sport in the world and positively invigorating.
Baseball can also be downright ugly and absolutely draining.
I prefer the former.
After the game, we flew to Ft. Lauderdale and I am now on my balcony at the Ritz Carlton looking at the water.
I'll shut up now

No comments:

Post a Comment