Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'll Take It

The Cardinals beat the Pirates tonight by the score of 8 - 4 in 3:11.
This game/telecast was beginning to shape up into a replay of the Dodgers series. The Cardinals starting pitcher needed 38 pitches to get through the 3rd inning when the Pirates scored 3 runs.
But the bullpens settled in and Matt Holliday hit a clutch 3-run homerun in the bottom of the 8th inning to put the game away.
For many years I have been spoiled by the great success of Cardinals baseball. I have come to expect well-pitched, well-played and well-paced baseball games.
However, with the recent slide of the Cardinals, I am starting to expect poorly pitched, poorly played and poorly paced games.
This contest fit nicely between well pitched, played, and paced games and poorly pitched, played, and paced games.
Not the type of game/telecast I want but better than our recent game/telecasts.
I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment