Friday, July 8, 2011

A Long Night Shortened

We ran the first four segments of our open followed by opening billboards and another floater break before we threw it to alternate programming as we waited out a 1:06 rain delay to start the game.
The game began at 8:21 pm and was moving along quite nicely until the rains hit again during the top of the 6th inning.
A long night turned longer. In fact, with our 13 inning game the previous night, a long two days turned longer.
It was during the second rain delay that Mitch, the Arizona Diamondbacks director walked over and sat with me on our dual side of the TV truck.
Mitch is a great TV baseball director and I consider him to be one of the most creative people in our business. We talked for about a half an hour during the rain delay and I really enjoyed the conversation. We picked each others brains about directing baseball and I learned quite a bit from Mitch's philosophy on cutting the game of baseball.
After a 50 minute delay, the game resumed and the dud of a contest ended at 11:37.
I got in my door at 12:30.
As I drove home, I reflected on my conversation with Mitch and was somewhat energized despite the long two days.
This was a long night shortened because of Mitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment