Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Good Day

My day started at 8:30 AM eastern time in St. Petersburg Florida.
I had slept well and was looking forward to today's final interleague telecast between the Cardinals and the Rays. I am not a fan of interleague play and I was elated that this would be the final game/telecast of this sort this season.
I was drinking coffee and perusing my Facebook page when I discovered that one of my best friends from high school was asking me to "Friend" him on my page.
What a great surprise!
I hadn't heard from Gordon in over 30 years and I can hardly wait to chat with him.
This day was starting out great!
The Cardinals lost and this was about the only thing that went wrong today. We had a clean telecast and our interleague schedule for 2011 was over.
Our charter flight went smoothly and I was in my door at 9:00 PM central time.
I cannot describe how wonderful it is to see my wife, Jane, after a week on the road.
Our dog, Kirby, met me in the driveway as I got out of the car and went nuts.
The three of us went on a nice long walk and now it is 10:00 and I feel great.
I hope this was not too boring for everyone but I decided to write about this great day instead of another blog about an interleague telecast.
Interleague play - now that is boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment