Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chicago Crew

As I have stated many times, Wrigley Field is my favorite sports venue in all of sports. Another reason I enjoy working in Chicago is because I personally like members of the crew. This crew works hard and doesn't take themselves too seriously.
We have a great time with many laughs during Cardinals/Cubs telecasts at Wrigley Field.
I write about headset chatter in my book Cutting The Game, Inside Television Baseball From The Director's Chair (www.cuttingthegame.com).
I don't mind talking on headsets between crew members during a telecast if that chatter is not distracting or unprofessional. In fact, headset chatter can be relaxing for the crew. I want our TV crew to be relaxed and to be enjoying themselves. The happier the crew, the higher quality the telecast.
The headset chatter between Chicago crew during a telecast is sometimes more entertaining than the game.
One of the EVS operators (tape room) is Nick. Nick is downright funny! If Nick was doing stand-up comedy, I would pay to see him.
Directing baseball in Chicago is great, great fun.
There is Wrigley Field.
There is the crew.
This is not a slight on any of the other TV crews that we work with on the road. I enjoy cutting the game in whatever city I am in.
The Chicago crew is just a bit different than all other crews.
I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment