Thursday, June 30, 2016

Ugly Ugly Game

The Royals defeated the Cardinals tonight 4 - 2 in 2:50 at Busch Stadium. This was a rare game/telecast. More often than not the telecast is uglier than the game. There are thousands of split second decisions made by the TV team during a baseball telecast and mistakes will be made and are made in every show. It is therefore true that there are more mistakes made on the telecast than are made on the game. Almost always. Not tonight. This was one ugly baseball game tonight in St. Louis. The play of the game had more mistakes than the mistakes on the telecast. This was the ugliest game I have ever witnessed and I have been in the chair for 33 years. In my career, 99% of the telecasts I have been involved with have been uglier than the game. Not tonight. The other 1% showed it's face tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment