Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Sadness

I last wrote on here after last Friday night's against the Giants at Busch Stadium. I had Saturday off because of Big Fox, Sunday off because of ESPN and Monday was just a scheduled off day. Because of the ugly loss of Friday night I wrote that the off days were welcome because they would help me forget that Friday game. I forgot about that Friday game at 11:42 Saturday morning. That is when I learned a good friend and a valuable member of our St. Louis TV team died in his sleep that night. As I left the TV truck after Friday's game I said "see you Tuesday." Little did I know. In tonight's telecast against the Reds in Cincinnati we paid tribute to our friend in the 3rd segment of our open. There was a huge lump in my throat as we put that piece together. A pall hung over or show tonight. RIP Dale.

No comments:

Post a Comment