Saturday, September 24, 2011

I Don't Believe What I Just Saw

All I can say is wow!
Are you kidding me? also comes to mind.
Although using the famous Jack Buck line sums up today's Cubs/Cardinals game/telecast perfectly, "I don't believe what I just saw!!"
The Cardinals came to bat in the bottom of the ninth trailing 1 - 0 in an absolutely must win game.
After the first batter flew out, the next batter singled.
A pinch runner stole second and went to third base on a throwing error by the catcher.
One out, tying run on third base and the Busch Stadium crowd is going bonkers!
The second out occurred when the next batter struck out deflating the crowd somewhat.
The next two batters walked and the bases were loaded.
The crowd is going crazy.
The next batter was at the plate and the count was full at 3-2.
Our TV crew was pumped! The cameras were capturing fantastic shots.
The game was electric and our telecast was on fire!
The Cubs walked in the tying run!
2 pitches later the Cardinals won the game on a wild pitch!
I don't remember enjoying a game winning cut of the action on the field more than I enjoyed cutting the game ending today.
As much as yesterday's game/telecast was a bunch of nothing, this game/telecast was my most enjoyable of the 2011 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment