Friday, April 29, 2016

The Shot

The Nationals beat the Cardinals tonight at Busch Stadium by the score of 5 - 4 in 2:46. TV baseball directors love these well-pitched games. Well-pitched games are a must for well-played games. Well-pitched games are a must for well-paced games. Well-paced games are a must for any director to develop a rhythm during the game/telecast. Sometimes this rhythm is interrupted by factors outside of the game. This happened to me tonight. My camera 5, low first, is responsible for pickoffs and lead runners and is the most important camera to our telecast in capturing the excitement of the game. This camera show up close the Redbirds players who just scored as they enter the dugout. This powerful shot is the shot that sells the most tickets for the organization. Well, camera 5 went down tonight in the 7th inning and I had to adjust which I did. Changing camera responsibilities during a game/telecast changes the rhythm of the director. It altered my rhythm tonight and I didn't like it. Game 2 of the series tomorrow and rain is in the forecast all day. I don't care about that. I just want camera 5 back.

No comments:

Post a Comment