Saturday, September 5, 2015

Learning

The final score of this 2:56 game was 4 - 1 in favor of the Cardinals over the Pirates. As far as the game went, this was well-pitched and fairly well-played. As far as the telecast went, this broadcast was a bit weird. Our feed was on 2 different outlets - Fox Midwest locally and Fox Sports 1 nationally. Ever mindful of my respect for the game I cut these two types of telecasts a bit differently. For the Fox Midwest games, I cut the game emphasizing Cardinals baseball. For National games, equal emphasis is put on both teams. Today, the national audience took precedence as I cut the game. It was different but I truly enjoyed the day because it was a learning experience. That is the best aspect of televising baseball, in fact - all sports, one learns each and every game/telecast. A fun day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment