Wednesday, July 1, 2015

More Hope

In yesterday's blog I wrote that after my 4 days off I received the game I had hoped for. I ended that blog hoping that tonight's game/telecast would not be delayed by rain. Sometimes your hopes are answered and sometimes they are dashed. My hopes for tonight's show were dashed and dashed in a cruel way. There was a 1 hour and 49 minute rain delay to start the game and there were 2 more rain delays during the game. The game took 3:16 to play and the 3 rain delays totaled 2:19. To make matters worse, the White Sox scored 5 runs in the top of the ninth inning with more rain on the way. In fact, just when we were HOPING for outs in the worst way, 2 of the Redbirds pitchers in the top of the ninth inning didn't even record an out. The game finally ended and as I reached my car afterwards the rain began. I left my house at 2:15 yesterday afternoon and I arrived home at 1:45 this morning. Maybe tomorrow's game telecast will go much smoother. I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment