Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I Just Know

When an athlete gets into a "zone" you not only expect something good to happen you KNOW something good is going to happen. In 1998, during the McGwire/Sosa homerun chase, I knew something sensational was going to happen every time McGwire was at-bat. I was rarely disappointed. I was fortunate to cover the first eleven years of Albert Pujols career. For eleven straight seasons I knew something spectacular was going to happen whenever Albert was at the plate. I KNEW. Well, it has happened again with this Cardinals ballclub. When there is a runner or runners in scoring position and Allen Craig is at-bat, I know he will deliver with an RBI. I know it. I knew it with McGwire. I knew it with Albert and I know it with Craig. I just know.

No comments:

Post a Comment