Thursday, July 11, 2013

"A Different Game"

The Cards beat the Astros tonight at Busch Stadium in 3:23 by the score of 5 - 4. Before the game, I was talking to my colleague with the Astros about the Astros going to the American League. He told me that the best part about going to the "other" league was that he "could experience different cities" He loved Seattle for example. He made a comment that I found very interesting. He said American League baseball is "a different game." The lack of strategy makes American League baseball less interesting than National League baseball. There is very little, if any, anticipation in the AL game." I know where he is coming from. Anticipating is one of the most enjoyable traits of directing baseball. Not much gives a TV baseball director more pleasure than when he/she anticipates a play and the play happens. I am so blessed to be a National League TV baseball director. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment