Thursday, April 14, 2011

National League vs American League

14 runs and 27 hits in 3 hours and 4 minutes. Cardinals beat the Dodgers 9 - 5. Lots of action. Oh great another American League type of game. Don't get me wrong. I realize how fortunate I am to direct TV baseball for a living. But I am a National League baseball fan. Give me the 2 -1 game with strategy. Sacrifice bunts, moving runners over, double switches, manager against manager. That is National League baseball. American League baseball uses designated hitters thus destroying any hopes of equalling the strategy level of National League ball. There is no comparison between the two leagues. Major League baseball should institute National League rules during interleague play in American League cities and American League rules during interleague play in National League cities. I think I know the reason that Major League baseball doesn't do this. If fans in the American League saw how baseball SHOULD be played (with National League rules) these fans would demand that the game be played with the strategies that are only possible in the National League. Likewise, if fans in National League cities had to sit through games with a DH and little strategy they would go berserk in frustration if they hadn't already laughed themselves silly watching this inferior brand of baseball. Tomorrow I will direct another baseball game between two of the greatest franchises in the history of the game - the St. Louis Cardinals and the Los Angeles Dodgers. I pray the baseball Gods give the fans a classic example of how this game should be played - the National League way. Cardinals 2, Dodgers 1. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment