Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Focus

The Milwaukee Brewers defeated the St. Louis Cardinals in 2:55 at Miller Park by the score of 6 - 3. The Brew Crew scored 5 runs in 1 inning to put this game away. As a TV baseball director, I have always found that my focus is intensified when there is a lot of action going on during the game. During the 5-run inning, I was totally focused on the action on the field. On the other hand, I have found that my focus strays during lulls in the action. I recognize this immediately and instantly change course and regain focus. This was a game that tested my focus. Apart from the 5-run inning, there really wasn't a whole lot to be excited about. Even though the 5-run inning cost the Redbirds the game, it was my favorite moment of the telecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment