Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spoke Too Soon

The first two telecasts of the 2013 season from Arizona were wonderful. They were well played, well pitched and well paced. I believe I described them as smooth. Then there was tonight's game/telecast. Before I go any farther, let me say that it is 5:08 AM and I am in my hotel room in San Francisco. It is 5:08 AM because the Cardinals were defeated tonight by the Diamondbacks by the score of 10 - 9 in 16 innings and the contest took 5:32. What goes around comes around. Karma. My bad. I spoke too soon. I gloated about the first two telecasts of this season and the baseball Gods bit me in the ass. To make matters worse, the Redbirds took the lead in the 12th inning only to cough it up in the bottom of the 12th! This was the nightmare game/telecast that all TV baseball production teams dread. Thank God for the off day tomorrow. Oh by the way, it is pouring rain here and is supposed to rain all day tomorrow. I'm not surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment