Tuesday, June 9, 2015

I Sucked

After a 1:07 rain delay, the Rockies beat the Cards 4 - 3 in 2:56. I missed a pickoff tonight. After a batter was called out on strikes on a 3 - 2 count, he slowly started walking out of the box but up the first base line. I told my low first base camera op to shoot the pitcher. As he was framing the shot the catcher threw to first and the runner was called out on a close play at the bag. I believe my high first camera op (my pick off camera) thought the batter had walked because he was panning for a shot of the Cards pitching coach in the dugout. He whipped back and caught the tag at the last second. It's a helpless feeling when you look to your pickoff camera and he is not there. I don't blame the camera op who is great. To make matters worse, the Rockies challenged the call on the field and it took the umpires 2 minutes and 9 seconds to uphold the call. 2 minutes and 9 seconds to emphasize how I sucked on my cut in that situation. It felt like 2 hours and 9 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment