Sunday, May 19, 2013

Too Comfortable

The Redbirds beat the Brewers today by the score of 4 - 2 in 2:34 at Busch Stadium. My low first (Cardinals dugout) cam (camera 5) went down in the fifth inning. This is the camera I use for pickoffs at 1st base and lead runners. I really didn't realize how much I depend on this camera during a game. I made an adjustment and had my mid-first camera (camera 3) my pickoff camera and my lead runner camera. This adjustment came after a play in which no cameras followed the lead runner because I didn't adjust my camera responsibilities in time. A TV sports director can get very comfortable with the camera positions and responsibilities. The trick is not to get too rote with your game cut. I don't feel that I get too rote, but I sure missed camera 5 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment