Sunday, August 19, 2012

Marathon

I left my home at 8:55 AM to drive to Busch Stadium for the 1:15 Pirates/Cardinals game. I arrived home at 8:14PM. That's right - 11 hours and 19 minutes after I left for the ballpark I arrived home. Games that last 6:07 will do that to you. The Pirates beat the Cardinals 6 - 3 in 19 innings. To add even more torture to this gruelling day the Redbirds tied the score in the bottom of the 17th inning after the Bucs took the lead in the top of the inning. Little did I know that the 14 pitch at-bat that happened in the 4th inning was a sign of things to come. This marathon became almost too much to bear when in the bottom of the 17th inning, after the leadoff batter singled, there was a 8 pitch at-bat mixed in with 7 tosses to first base. (You may have heard the cursing from the TV truck.)

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the boxscore on MLB Tonight, the first thing I thought of was coming to check this blog. Congrats for sticking with it. I know how difficult that can be.

    ReplyDelete