Saturday, August 4, 2012

Either Good Or Bad

The Cardinals beat the Brewers tonight at Busch Stadium by the score of 9 - 3 in 3:18. We were commenting in the truck tonight about the amount of bad baseball and bad baseball teams there are in the big leagues this season. The Brewers won the NL Central division last season with a great team. My how they have fallen off. This is a bad baseball team. Even with super-star Ryan Braun and very good players like Corey Hart and Rickie Weeks, this is a bad baseball team. The Cardinals previous two opponents, the Colorado Rockies and the Chicago Cubs are horrible. I think the NL Central Division is a perfect example of the good teams/bad teams scenario. The Reds, Pirates, and the Cardinals are all very, very good baseball clubs. The Brewers, Cubs, and Astros are all terrible. I have never noticed such a descrepency between the quality of baseball clubs ever during my 29 years of covering Major League Baseball. I don't like it. Give me parity.

No comments:

Post a Comment