Monday, April 13, 2015

Powerful Moment

The Brewers beat the Cardinals 5 - 4 in the Redbirds home opener today. There wasn't anything memorable about this game and the game telecast. The most powerful moment of the day occurred during the pregame ceremony. Over the off season, the Cardinals' family lost a teammate when Oscar Taveras was killed along with his girlfriend in a car accident. We aired a feature on Oscar that was also played on the scoreboard in Busch Stadium. One of Taveras best friends was Carlos Martinez - a current member of the Cardinals. During the feature, I took a shot of Martinez as he began tearing up. He dabbed his eyes with his jersey. I got a lump in my throat so big that I literally couldn't talk. This powerful moment really got to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment