Saturday, May 14, 2016

Great Great Fun

It took 2:45 for the Dodgers to defeat the Cardinals tonight in LA. Unlike last night's contest, this 5 - 3 game was full of drama. In the 5th inning, the Redbirds starting pitcher was on the ropes. Our analyst, a former big league player and a good one at that, was talking about the pitch selection during a big big at-bat in the inning. Now, I don't like taking tight face shots until late in the game when the game is on the line. I even tell camera ops "too tight too early" if I don't believe those shots would be effective at that point in the game. However, in the fifth inning tonight with both starting pitchers pitching well, I felt tight faces would be effective. The main shot I took during this at-bat was a split screen of the catcher giving the signs with an extremely tight shot of the pitcher's face. I don't believe I have gone that tight that early. After the end of the inning, I kept a camera on that pitcher in the dugout. He was super emotional. We were speculating whether or not he was returning for the bottom of the 6th inning. At the end of the top of the 6th this pitcher left the dugout and went to the clubhouse. One of our announcers said in talkback - "Well, I guess we know why he was so pissed off." This was one of my favorite telecasts of the 2016 season. Great great fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment