Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Jerry Seinfeld Blog

99% of the time that I am directing Major League baseball telecasts an idea will come to me about what I will blog about after the game. Tonight's game/telecasts was one of those 1% that did not give me a blogging idea.
We utilized a new technical director (TD) who I hadn't worked with for at least 10 years. He did a great job as I knew he would.
The most excitement of the evening came when our stage manager won the "end of game time" pool the batter after an error extended the inning thus depriving our lead tape producer with the winning time.
We televised a very clean show.
The game is rarely boring and I was never bored during tonight's contest.
I can remember certain plays and certain shots from telecasts in May but there are times when I am driving home that I literally cannot remember the score of the game I just directed.
This was one of those shows.
I had to get on-line to see that the Cardinals lost to the Blue Jays 6 - 3.
I feel that I just wrote a script for Jerry Seinfeld.
I just wrote a blog about nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment