Sunday, June 5, 2011

Covering Albert

There are many reasons why I love what I do for a living.
I get to cover what I believe to be the greatest game in the world - baseball.
I cover a major league baseball team - the St. Louis Cardinals - that is considered one of the best organizations in all of sports.
Our home telecasts are out of Busch Stadium which is usually full and always rocks.
Perhaps the most enjoyable aspect of what I do for a living is that each and every game I get the privilege to cover the greatest baseball player of today if not ever.
This player is Albert Pujols.
This season is Alberts eleventh in the big leagues. The first ten seasons of this illustrious career showed a player who put up numbers like no other in the history of the game. The average fan knows how good Albert is because of these numbers.
I believe that Albert's greatness is because everyone involved in the game is better, plays better, and works better because of Albert Pujols. I am not talking just about the other players, coaches and managers on the field.
I am also talking about the TV crew.
The home TV crew in St. Louis at Busch Stadium works harder and becomes better when Albert is at the plate. When we are on the road, the visiting TV crew performs better when Albert is at the dish.
Albert makes EVERYBODY involved in the game better.
Albert hit a walk-off extra inning homerun for the second consecutive day today. Yesterday's bomb was on big Fox and I had the pleasure of watching it from my home.
I had the pleasure of cutting today's blast on FSN Midwest.
EVERY member of our crew delivered during this game-winner.
The audio was great and the video was perfect.
The roll out was exceptional.
This was a great, great telecast.
Thank you Albert Pujols.

No comments:

Post a Comment