Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Good Game, Bad Game, Good Show

For the St. Louis Cardinals fans this was a good game gone bad.
The Redbirds led 6 - 2 going into the seventh inning and lost 8 - 6.
For the St. Louis Cardinals TV crew this was a good telecast that stayed good despite the 3:27 game.
This Washington DC TV crew is good.
They may rival the San Francisco crew in quality baseball coverage. I wrote a chapter in my book Cutting The Game, Inside Television Baseball From the Director's Chair about the great crew in San Francisco. Perhaps I should have included the DC crew in this chapter as well.
The only "pimple" on this nice clean telecast occurred when I looked at camera 5 shagging a fly ball into the right field corner and told the TD to "take 1".
It was an ugly moment to the telecast and I was solely responsible.
It is fun working with a good crew.
There is a bit of a challenge when this occurs and I really enjoy it.
I will give this excellent DC crew's performance the edge over my performance tonight.
There is another game/telecast tomorrow.
Tomorrow's blog could prove to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment