Thursday, April 14, 2011

Forgive Me

We televised the Cardinals 15 - 5 victory over the Diamondbacks tonight being (rarely) the only TV feed of the contest. The Phoenix Coyotes were playing the first round of the NHL playoffs and took precedent over the Diamondbacks. We had a good telecast in our 3:02 game but I must ask for your forgiveness as I write this blog.
We arrived at our hotel here in Pasadena at 1:40 AM. The time now is 3:52 AM. Tired as I thought I was, I waited for my suitcase as I perused the Internet. After my suitcase arrived, I prepared for bed and actually tried to sleep.
Sleep would not come.
There is always a bit of adrenaline that lingers after every telecast.
EVERY TV sports director feels the "rush" during the telecast. If a TV sports director tells you that there is no adrenaline rush during a telecast, then the person is either lying or a horseshit TV director.
I am still trying to figure out why I can"t sleep.
We had a good, clean telecast.
Yes, I had the adrenaline surge still working after the game.
Our bus left the ballpark one hour after the game (as always) and it was a short one hour flight to LA.
The bus ride from LAX to our hotel in Pasadena is about 30 minutes. I felt the adrenaline starting to wear off during the bus ride but, lo and behold, when I got to my room I went to bed hoping to fall asleep.
Didn't happen.
So here I am at 4:04 PDT still awake with no chance of a soon-to-be-sleep.
Please forgive me for this boring blog.
Maybe if I read it I will fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment