Saturday, April 9, 2011

Another Hard Loss

Seven games into the season and the Cardinals have suffered three heart breaking losses. Once a month - maybe, but not three times in the first week. I love covering baseball on television for a living. I am blessed to have such a position and I am very grateful for it. This is my 24th season of covering St. Louis Cardinals baseball on television. The Cardinals are the most storied organization in the National League. When a person thinks of the most storied franchises in the big leagues, the St. Louis Cardinals and the New York Yankees always come to mind. It is a privilege to cover this great organization. As a major league TV baseball director, I have 4 major responsibilities: 1 - respect the game 2 - respect the players 3 - respect the organization 4 - respect the viewer. The game, the players, the organization, and the viewer are all equally important. One is not more important than another. After tonight's tough loss, I was thinking about these responsibilities as I walked from AT & T Park to my hotel. I realized that #1 I am a fan of the game. I love the game of baseball. I have a real respect for the athletes that play this game at such a high level. I am honored to be a part of such a wonderful organization and I am thrilled to present St. Louis Cardinals baseball to the knowledgeable fans that make up Cardinal Nation. During moments when the Cardinals lose in a awful way I must remain focused as I cut the action on the field. Trust me, there is nothing more difficult than cutting the game during a difficult loss. I know - I have done it three times this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment