Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sad Beginning

The Cards beat the Dodgers today at Busch Stadium by the score of 3 - 1 in 2:33. Before the game, the Redbirds honored a player who made his Major League debut one year ago today. Unfortunately, this player was killed in a car accident during the off season. Included in the ceremony were his parents and two brothers. As a video tribute was being shown on the scoreboard inside Busch Stadium I took a shot of the family and the mother began crying. The starting pitcher for the Cardinals today was a best friend of the player who died. He was crying in the bullpen as he warmed up. Talk about a lump in your throat! I could barely speak as I cut that ceremony. It affected me early on during the game as well. I found it hard to focus during the first two innings. I kept seeing his mother crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment