Sunday, April 10, 2016

Tortuous

19 runs, 18 walks, 3 hit by pitch, 3 hours and 55 minutes. 3:55 of bad baseball is an eternity. As our Producer said, "Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse......" The Cardinals beat the minor league quality Atlanta Braves 12 - 7 today at Turner Field in a tortuous game for the teams, the fans, and the TV crews. Sorry to say but the Atlanta Braves team, fans, and TV crew are in for a long tortuous summer. In the late 70's, I played in the Braves Organization and they have long held a special place for me. I have always followed them and I have always wanted them to do well. The same follows for this season. I cringe to think about it. Tomorrow is the Cards 2016 home opener. I expect a different result. Oh yea, rain is forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment