Monday, April 18, 2016

Loved It

The Cubs defeated the Cards tonight in 2:32 by the score of 5 - 0. This game at Busch Stadium was one of the better games a TV baseball director can enjoy. The first 7 innings of this game flew by and were played in under an hour and a half. Thanks can be given to the 2 starting pitchers who were outstanding. I also loved this game/telecast because of the storylines involved. The Cubs are considered by many to be the best team in the game. The years of futility for this organization make this assertion a very compelling story. The starting pitcher for the Cubs pitched for the Cardinals last season and the starter for the Redbirds replaced him in the rotation. Also, I don't believe that I have ever experienced Busch Stadium as electric as it was tonight. I believe the TV crew and, thus, the audience feed off this energy. Our telecast tonight proved this to be true. I love what I do and I enjoy doing it. Tonight was extra special. I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment