Sunday, August 23, 2015

Just Saying

3 hours and 29 minutes. That is what it took the Redbirds to defeat the Padres 10 - 3 today in San Diego. The relievers in the ninth inning for both teams pissed me off. Going into the ninth the score was 8 - 1. You would have thought it was a 1-run game the way the relievers picked and picked at the strike zone. Listen up relievers - a 7-run lead in the 9th means the game is over - OVER. Stop messing around! (I wanted to use another word besides messing) in a 8 - 1 game, the ninth inning should never take 45 minutes. This game did. Awful. Embarrassing! Just saying.

2 comments:

  1. How awesome was Matheny's decision to "challenge" a hit batsman in the bottom of the 9th with a 9 run lead (lost challenge). And then follow up with a pitching change with two outs and a 7 run lead (I hope that reliever was on a pitch count). Those two brilliant moves added a few minutes I reckon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he was sending a message to the relievers - a message they needed to hear. About the challenge - I think he was trying to help the reliever who was lost out there

    ReplyDelete