Thursday, April 19, 2012

Not a Fan

I am not a fan of blow outs.
At all.
The Cardinals beat the Reds 11 - 1 scoring 3 runs in an inning 3 times and 2 runs in the other inning.
Don't get me wrong, I want the Cardinals to win each and every game. but I would rather direct a 2 - 1 nail biter than an 11 - 1 blow out.
I also believe that baseball fans like well-pitched, well-played games better than blowouts. This was proved tonight. Over half of the 35,907 fans in attendance were gone by the time the game was over.
I will never admit to being disinterested in the game I am covering because I love the game of baseball, but 11 - 1 baseball games can be very trying to everyone on the TV telecast team. We had a very nice clean game/telecast tonight but our deliverance of the product was a chore.
Blowouts - NOT A FAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment