Sunday, April 22, 2012

Nicely Done

The Cardinals beat the Pirates today by the score of 5 - 1 in 2:38. This was a very clean telecast. We had our "regular" Pittsburgh crew and they were stellar. Despite the fact that this was a dual feed telecast we had a good telecast with concise camera shots and excellant replays. I like working in Pittsburgh. The ballpark is beautiful as it fits into the downtown area and we can walk to our hotel after the game. The crew is professional and very friendly. Nicely done Pittsburgh. I am now in my hotel room in Chicago. We have two night games followed by a day game at Wrigley Field in the next three games. I write about Wrigley Field in my book Cutting the Game, Inside Television Baseball From the Director's Chair. I love Wrigley Field. We will be televising in a side by side situation and I hope our telecast will be as clean as today's show. Cardinals/Cubs at Wrigley Field. It doesn't get any better than that. I hope at the end of the telecast I can say "Nicely done."

No comments:

Post a Comment