Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Homerun Review

There was a homerun review in the first inning of the Astros/Cardinals game tonight at Busch Stadium.
Our replays showed that the ball did NOT leave the ballpark. In fact, we aired 2 replays that showed the ball did not clear the fence.
The umpires left the field for four minutes and returned rewarding Albert Pujols with his 23rd homerun.
I was happy that the Cardinals were given a 2 - 0 lead with that call but I still felt perplexed that the call was wrong.
The Cardinals are playing good baseball right now and the Astros are the worst team in the National League and are probably tied with the Seattle Mariners (17 losses in a row) with playing the worst brand of baseball in the Major Leagues.
My point being that the Cardinals were most likely to beat the Astros and didn't need any help from a blown call.
Now, I may not know the exact ground rules for Busch Stadium, but I do know that the ball did not leave the Park.
Like the first inning homerun review call, our telecast was a bit sloppy tonight as well.
We will get it right tomorrow night.
I hope the umpires do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment