Wednesday, July 20, 2011

From Good To Bad

Tonight's Cardinals @ Mets game/telecast was very similar to my day.
Like the game for the Redbirds, my day went from good to bad.
The Cardinals were having a great old time tonight. They had a 4-run lead and things looked good.
They lost the game in the bottom of the 10th inning on a walk-off homerun.
I woke up this morning, drank some coffee and read the USA Today.
Then, I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes, showered and went to my favorite deli for a sandwich.
Things were going good.
The telecast was very clean and even though the Cardinals lost, it is great fun cutting a walk-off homerun.
Then this day took a turn and I mean it took a real turn - a turn for the worse.
Our producer, Mike, and I jumped into a gypsy cab for a ride back into midtown Manhattan to our hotel - the Westin Times Square. Just like we have for the past 24 years.
The driver got lost.
45 minutes later as we sat in a traffic jam on 42nd street, I said to Mike "I'm outta here".
I paid the driver and while trying to keep my cool told him that "It would be a good idea to learn the city if he wanted to make a living driving in it".
Mike and I walked the last 20 minutes to the hotel.
I got into my room and discovered that my room had not been made up from the previous night. My wife, Jane, settled me down a bit and this blog is the result of my day.
A good day turned bad.
For me and the Redbirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment