Saturday, August 21, 2010

Just What We Expected

This game/telecast delivered just what we expected.
Tim Lincecome, Cy Young award winner for the past 2 seasons, pitching for the Giants. Cy Young winner, Chris Carpenter, pitching for the Cardinals.
Also, as expected, we highlighted these two great pitchers in our two of our four open segments.
We pointed out that although Lincecome had never lost to the Cardinals (5-0) he had not pitched well in his last three starts.
Carpenter's performance at Busch Stadium since the all-star break was covered by video and graphics.
Lincecome's line: 5.1 innings, 6 hits, 4 earned runs, 2 walks, 4 strikeouts and 1 homerun.
Carpenter's line: 7.1 innings, 5 hits, 1 earned run, 2 walks, 4 strikeouts and no homeruns.
Final score: Cardinals 5, Giants 1
The pace of the telecast matched the pace of this well pitched, well played game.
Just what we expected.
I thought that I cut a pretty good game except for the two "rookie" mistakes I made.
Twice I looked at camera 7 and said "Take 1".
Lucky for me there wasn't a whip pan, but I am embarrassed when I lose focus.
However, this was not the worst thing that happened during the telecast.
The worst thing that occurred during the show was that the dreaded "tape block" won the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment