Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Had Better Days

Here is the timeline of my day at Busch Stadium today. While in the beginning of our pre-game show the head of security came into the TV truck and asked for our Game Producer. He said he believed the Producer's car was damaged in the parking lot. I knew our Producer walked to Busch Stadium and since we drive the same make of vehicle I thought it just be my car that was damaged. It was. I park near a highway overpass and my guess is something fell from the overpass and landed on my back window which was shattered. Oh well, I'll get it fixed. Then, after the Cards jumped out to a 5 - 0 lead, there was a 58 minute rain delay after the bottom of the seventh inning. The Cards opponent, the Cincinnati Reds, were lackluster during their at-bat in the top of the 8th inning and even worse during the bottom of the inning when the Redbirds tacked on two more runs. Wouldn't you know it, the Reds brought the tying run to the plate with the bases loaded and two outs. The player grounded out and the game ended. The rain delay was 58 minutes and the 8th and 9th innings took 50 minutes. Tomorrow will be a better day. How can it not be? It's an off day and I get to go to Philadelphia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment