Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Legend

Today was the final telecast of the 2010 season.
Today was also the final telecast for one of the legends of broadcasting, Jay Randolph.
It was an honor to work on baseball telecasts with Mr. Randolph.
Mr. Randolph is an icon in the St. Louis area. He did the play by play on Cardinals' telecasts for almost 30 years. Mr. Randolph is a true professional, a master at his craft.
I believe that Jay Randolph is one of the greatest golf announcers of all-time.
The National Football League was blessed to have Jay call many of their games.
Jay Randolph taught me so much about television sports.
This is a man who is one of the most respected persons in our industry.
I have just used the following words to describe Mr. Randolph:
Legend
Icon
Professional
Master
Greatest
Respected
But there is one word that I believe best describes Jay Randolph:
Gentleman
It is a blessing that I was able to work with this gentleman.

Thank you for reading my blog.
I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Remember, spring training 2011 is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment