Wednesday, June 10, 2015

2 Things

I don't usually add an additional post to this blog. In fact, I never have added an additional post to this blog on the same day. However, I feel compelled to offer an additional post tonight. First of all, kudos to the Denver home TV crew for a very comfortable dual experience. The visiting TV crew members on our crew at top notch. No worries. Also, we on the St. Louis TV team are breaking in a new director. I have been doing this for 32 years. I know what I am doing and forgive me for my confidence - I know what I am doing? Our lead tape producer wants to learn how to direct and we are giving him the opportunity to do so. So far so good. I know that it took me 15 years before I knew what I was doing cutting a game. 15 years to realize I cannot be surprised. As I sat next to him, producing the telecast tonight, I remembered how I felt as he cut the game and I smiled in the great understanding of how hard directing baseball can be. It is exciting for me to watch him grow and learn as a TV baseball director. Trust me, cutting baseball is the most difficult sport to direct - period. Our new director is going to get more opportunities. I can't wait to watch him progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment