Thursday, July 10, 2014

Most Difficult?

I have been part of the St. Louis Cardinals telecasts since 1988. This means I am in my 27th year of covering Cards baseball on television. To be able to do what I do for as long as I have done it, one must first love the game and second, one must love the team one is covering. Negative dumb asses who think it is a conflict of interest to love the team you are covering and still be objective in the coverage are wrong when the person loves the game more than the team - which I do. I first and foremost cover the game to the best of my ability. While covering this wonderful game, I hope for the best for the Cardinals. That is why today's game/telecast was so hard to direct. The Cards got their ass kicked. I still cut the "game" with respect, but it was a difficult chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment