Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Road Trip Off Day #2

Allow me to bore you with today's off-day in Southern California. After being greatly over served with wine last night, I rolled (hesitantly) out of bed at noon pacific time. At 1:00, I called the person responsible for my over serving and suggested lunch. He agreed and we went to Maggiano's for a very nice lunch. (My crab and shrimp pasta dish was outstanding) After lunch, we headed back to the hotel where I got my email and proceeded to be bored out of my mind. At 5:30 I decided to go shopping at the mall adjacent to the hotel rather than blow my brains out. 2 shirts later, I went to a restaurant in the mall. I noticed two members of our traveling party already seated and joined them. Of course, they were more than happy that I sat at their table!! Two beers and a huge loaded baked potatoe later and we were done with our meal. Despite the terrible service, we had a good time. I must still be bored. I just ordered almost $500 of wine on-line. Ah the glamor of the road!!

No comments:

Post a Comment