Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Knowing

This is my 25th year with St. Louis Cardinals baseball. I am spoiled. This has been a very good team for a long time. I have come to expect good things with this baseball team. The 100+ win teams of 2004 and 2006 set a high standard that has set the foundation for the expectation of good baseball. This I knew. Each and every year I knew. Each and every year I expect good competitive baseball and each and every year I get what I expect. This, however, has been a trying season. I know they are a good team and I enjoy going to the ballpark each and every day. However, the foundation of my expectation of good baseball may be starting to crack a bit. In my heart, I know what I want to expect. I want to expect good baseball. I want to know. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment