Friday, May 13, 2011

Intensity

I have been unable to blog since Friday because the blogspot website has been down.
The telecasts from Saturday and Sunday at Wrigley Field were not typical telecasts of the Cardinals/Cubs rivalry. The crowd was not "into it" and the games had a different flavor to them. I guess the quality of the Chicago Cubs has diminished so much that the Wrigley Field "home" crowd really didn't add much flavor to the game/telecast.
I was very disappointed with the atmosphere at Wrigley Field.
There was no intensity.
I can't recall one instance during these game/telecasts from Wrigley where I was pumped and excited during a particular moment of these telecasts.
I have not become too old and too cynical to not appreciate good baseball television. This series, a series that typically offers many moments of compelling TV baseball, offered little, if anything, of compelling TV.
After the three-game series at Wrigley, we flew to Cincinnati for a weekend series with the new "hated" rivals the Cincinnati Reds.
I was anxiously awaiting the intensity of this rivalry and I wondered how to capture this intensity on the telecast.
The Reds won with a walk-off base hit and our coverage was exceptional.
Is there any intensity involved on Major League baseball anymore?
During the 2011 season, I have yet to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment