Thursday, September 9, 2010

Watching Baseball

It is just after 3AM and I just arrived at my room in Atlanta.
The Cardinals have a very important 4-game series with the Atlanta Braves this weekend and I am excited to be a part of it. I played in the Braves organization over 30 years ago and I really enjoy working Cardinals and Braves games.
I was thinking on the charter flight from Milwaukee about how lucky I am.
I have the greatest job in the world.
I love the game of baseball and I love being a TV baseball director.
I had to smile on the plane because I realized that what it all comes down to is that I watch Major League Baseball for a living.
For home games I get to watch the game with 7 cameras and for road contests I watch the game with 6 cameras.
I love working with the home crew. This crew holds a special place in my heart.
Working with the road crews in each respective city is very rewarding as well.
For the most part, I enjoy televising baseball from different cities. There are very talented TV technicians in every town and it is a pleasure learning from them.
I have often said that the greatest aspect of what I do for a living is that I learn something EVERY time I sit in the chair.
During tonight's uneventful game/telecast, I realized how lucky I am.
I am blessed and I am fortunate.
I watch baseball for a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment