Thursday, September 9, 2010

Star Of The Game

As I write in my book Cutting The Game, Inside Television Baseball From The Director's Chair (www.cuttingthegame.com) each member of the telecast crew is equally important. Televising live sports in a quality fashion must be a total team effort. From the Producer to the runner, if any member of the crew has a bad game or even a bad moment, the whole telecast suffers.
My favorite game/telecasts are those shows where every member of the TV team contributes to a successful telecast.
We had one of those shows tonight.
It seems that every time we have a telecast of the caliber of tonight's show, there is one person on the crew who particularly stands out.
Tonight, that person was our technical director.
I admit that I am spoiled by the fine work of our home TD (technical director) and the work of our technical directors on the road this season has been exceptional.
Tonight's TD was flawless. He executed his responsibilities perfectly and it was a pleasure to sit next to him on this show.
Great telecast!
Great show TD!

1 comment:

  1. I was happy to be able to watch an FSN Midwest telecast for the first time in quite awhile. I live in Portland, OR, and have to watch on the MLB Extra Innings package on digital cable, so my choice of broadcast is subject to whatever is made available to me - usually the home team's broadcast. With the Cards on the road for the bulk of this three week run, I've had to sit through a lot of road broadcasts. I really appreciate the job you guys do. Some of the other teams' broadcasts really do not compare.

    ReplyDelete