Friday, May 22, 2015

WOW

The Royals beat the Cardinals 5 - 0 in 2:53 tonight in Kansas City. The Royals won the game on 2 swings of the bat - a 3-run homerun and a 2-run blast both by the same player. I enjoyed tonight's game /telecast for 2 reasons. This game included the two best teams in baseball which meant a full Kaufmann Stadium. Great electricity in the ballpark. The number 1 reason I enjoyed tonight's game/telecast was because my technical director (TD) was very very good. Yes, it is true that most Major League TV technical directors are very very good. However, TD's who are working only their second ever Major League Baseball game are not supposed to be this good. When I started my Major League TV baseball career 32 years ago, I wasn't even on the same planet as my TD tonight. Whenever I encounter a member of our profession who is just starting out, I wish them the best and I am excited for them. I have never been this excited about the newest member of our profession as I am tonight. WOW!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words, Tom. It was a pleasure working with you and Mike. I hope you guys have a great rest of the season! PS Thanks for the mints!

    ReplyDelete