Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Rain Rain Go Away

The start of the 2015 season has been good for the Cardinals TV crew for a couple of reasons. The season opener for the Cards was on ESPN. Don't get me wrong, season openers are very exciting. Season openers at home ARE very exciting. However, season openers on the road are not nearly as fun as the home opener. For that fact, I am not really that disappointed when we don't televise a season opener on the road. That being said, this was only the second season opener that I have not been a part of in this, my 28th season televising Cardinals baseball. Our season opener was postponed today before 2:00 central time. This allowed us to do some production so that we will not be stressed when we televise tomorrow's St. Louis Cardinals Fox Sports Midwest "season opener". However, I will be surprised if the Cards and Cubs play tomorrow as the weather is not supposed to cooperate. I hope they play, but if they don't, I am still, and always, eagerly awaiting our home opener Monday. Guess what? An 80% chance of rain on that day. Rain, rain - go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment